This is a list of our favorite products that we have either in or on our RV. This list will change as we add other favorite stuff. I have tried to include links where available to make these items easier to find.
Surge Guard Surge Suppressor
This will protect all the sensitive electronics in your rig from surges and brown-outs. Buy it here There are thirty amp and 50 amp models available. This can be installed by someone who understands electrical wiring. What follows is from the manufacturer’s data sheet, specifically about the hardwired model.
This Surge Guard product monitors shore power continuously and shuts off when it detects excessive voltage or open neutral conditions that could damage electronic equipment in your coach. Like its thirty amp partner, the 50 amp hardwire unit is permanently installed within the bay of your coach, preventing potential theft and damage from the elements. Some additional features include:
- The unit provides automatic reset on power restoration.
- Automatically shuts off the power when the following is present: Open neutral, Low (<102V) and High (>132V) Voltage
- Caution indicator light indicates: Miswired pedestal, Reverse polarity, Elevated ground voltage
- 2 minute 15 second reset delay protects A/C compressor.
- 1750 Joules of power surge protection.
Water Pressure Regulator
Excessive pressure can cause your plumbing to leak or even rupture. It doesn’t take long at high pressures to cause damage; even a fairly brief “spike” can do it. Pressure regulators are installed in your water supply line to limit the water pressure going into your RV. RV plumbing is normally rated around one hundred pounds per square inch, but you certainly don’t need to use that much. Fifty to sixty five pounds per square inch is a very comfortable pressure for faucets and showers. Parks don’t always have that much, but when they do, having a regulator designed for good flow and pressure adjustability will allow you to take advantage of that better pressure without creating a problem with standard RV plumbing systems. I built my first one from a household regulator and some brass fittings. I still have it, but it is heavy. I purchased a Valterra model A01-1117VP several years ago and it’s great. It is lightweight and compact. I have had to replace the pressure gauge. Other than that, it has been trouble free. The problem with these is that you have to remember to disconnect it and take it with you. I paid to have the old heavy one shipped to our next campground. Buy it here
Oxygenics Shower Head
I have no idea how we lived without this marvelous shower head. When there was low camp water pressure, it was almost impossible to have a good shower. When we got this one, we couldn’t believe the difference. Depending on park pressure, we had to turn it down a few times. It comes in white, chrome, and brushed nickel. Be sure to get the wand holder too. It is made for the Oxygenics and will hold it at a great angle. But it here Here are a few benefits from the company literature:
- Maintenance Free – The Body Spa will never require maintenance or upkeep, making it completely easy to care for.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty – Showerheads are guaranteed for life never to clog because the internal components are constructed using
- Delrin, which prevents mineral deposits, lime, and scale buildup.
- Easy to Install and Operate – the Body Spa installs in seconds, comes with easy to understand instructions, and is a snap to operate.
- Everything you need is included so there is nothing else to buy.
- Cost Effective – Because our showerheads last forever, require no maintenance, and are designed to conserve 30-70% of water and energy used by traditional showerheads, there is no better option for the RV owner that wants a cost effective solution. The affordable
- price helps too!
- Self- Pressurizing – The patented technology uses a self-pressurizing design to increase spray velocity to produce a sensational experience even with low water pressure. This gives the user an invigorating clean-rinsing shower – anytime, anyplace.
- Gets the Job Done – Water is energized and texturized with oxygen, speeding up the flow of the water and allowing for a clean rinsing shower. Shampoo and soap are thoroughly and quickly rinsed out.
- Customize the Flow – The Body Spa works so well, that some people actually need to turn it down! The flow control valve lets the user customize their shower from ‘soft and relaxing’ to ‘pulsating and massaging.’ No matter what, the user will get a pleasant full coverage spray.
- Health Benefits – the Oxygenics technology increases oxygen content in the water by up to 10 times! The oxygen helps to purify the water by creating negatively charged ions that counter damaging free radicals. The result is rejuvenated, younger looking skin.
TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System
We bought the TST Model 507 with 10 sensors to include our car. At the time we bought it, this was the only system I found with replaceable batteries. They use the button style batteries used in watches and last around 2 years. This system has provided us with peace of mind about our tire pressure and temperature while rolling. I believe a TPMS is a necessity for both motor homes and 5th wheel and travel trailers. We have had this system in use since 2009 with no problems. We have changed the type 1632 batteries twice.
Viair Portable Compressor Kit
Here is a small, portable air compressor that can inflate 22.5 inch tires to 120 PSI. Great quality and reviews. Buy it here.